Objectives and tasks of FSP BIOGUM:
FSP BIOGUM’s objective is to better understand the relationship between technical innovation and socio-cultural development by means of inter and transdisciplinary research and to contribute to decision-making issues of the future.
Its main tasks include:
- exploration of the preconditions, dynamics of development, design conditions and implications of scientific and technological developments in the area of life sciences as well as of possible scientific-technological and social alternatives;
- development of criteria, concepts and procedures for the evaluation of the consequences associated with scientific-technological developments in the area of life sciences and their application, particularly in the fields of agriculture and medicine;
- realisation of individual projects for the study of ecological, medical and social consequences of scientific-technological developments in life sciences and their applications;
- participation in corresponding university courses in the natural and social sciences as well as medicine.
FSG BIOGUM works together with scientists from the above mentioned faculties as well as from other research institutions both on an interdisciplinary as well as transdisciplinary basis. When performing its tasks, FSG BIOGUM seeks collaboration with governmental and non-governmental organisations as well as commercial businesses and associations.
The findings of the FSG BIOGUM are made available to the scientific community, to the public, to parliaments and governments with the aim of creating a constructive dialogue.
For the tasks of FSP BIOGUM refer to:
- Research Group Agriculture and Plant-Breeding
- Research Group Medicine and Neurosciences